Voters are not required to show photo ID until further order of the courts.
Qualifications to register to vote in North Carolina:
To register to vote in this State, a person must sign a voter declaration attesting that:
I am a U.S. citizen.
I have been a resident of North Carolina and this county for 30 days before the election. I will be at least 18 years old by the next general election.
I am not registered, nor will I vote in any other county or state.
If I have been convicted of a felony, my rights of citizenship have been restored.
How can I register to vote?
Anyone wishing to register to vote, who meets the above mentioned criteria, may obtain a voter registration application in one of the following ways:
You may go directly to the State Board of Elections Website: http://NCSBE Home for a list of departments and agencies that distribute voter registration applications, or to download an application to mail in to your local Board of Elections office.
2. You may come by our office and fill out a voter registration application.
3. You may call our office and request a voter registration application be mailed to you.
4. You may email our office and request a voter registration application be mailed to you through regular mail.
5. You may register to vote when you apply for, or renew, your driver’s license at your local Department of Motor Vehicles Office (DMV).
6. Your local libraries should have voter registration applications that you can complete and mail to your local Board of Elections office.
7. The Department of Social Services and the Employment Security Commission offices should have voter registration applications that you may fill out and mail to your local Board of Elections office
Halifax County Board of Elections One-Stop Plan
Election Date: November 3, 2020 General Election
In Lieu of site:
Halifax County Agriculture Building, 359 Ferrell Ln, Halifax NC 27839
Kirkwood Adams Community Center, 1100 Hamilton St, Roanoke Rapids NC 27870
Enfield Fire Substation, 9768 Ringwood Rd, Enfield NC 27823
Scotland Neck Town Hall, 1310 Main St, Scotland Neck NC 27874
Thursday, October 15 through Friday, October 16 8:00 a.m. to 7:30 p.m.
Saturday, October 17 10:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Monday, October 19 through Friday, October 23 8:00 a.m. to 7:30 p.m.
Saturday, October 24 10:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Monday, October 26 through Friday, October 30 8:00 a.m. to 7:30 p.m.
Saturday, October 31 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Halifax County residents who are not registered to vote may register and vote during the one-stop voting period.
Residents who are registering to vote during the one-stop voting period must provide a current valid ID as proof of residency. The ID must show your name and current residential address. The following types of ID are acceptable: a government document (i.e. passport, driver’s license, etc.), utility bill, paycheck or a bank statement.
If you have any questions regarding the One-Stop plan, please contact the:
Board of Elections Office at 252-583-4391.